The Paragon Leveling system is an awesome addition to Diablo 3 that was just released with patch 1.0.4. If you took a hiatus from the game while the developers worked on the issues then you should know now that there is 100 additional levels to achieve once you hit level 60. Each Paragon level gives you a passive 3% to both Magic Find and Gold Find as well as 3 to your primary stat and 2 to vitality. That means that after you hit level 100 paragon you get a passive bonus of 300% Magic Find and Gold Find as well ad 300 primary stat and 200 vitality. Magic Find has also been capped at 300% so that you don’t have to build in Magic Find to your gear in order to get to the point where you can farm effectively. It of course helps to have it on gear now until you hit level 100 but eventually you won’t need to have a set of gear that has all the stats you need and magic find.
How should go about leveling to 100 Paragon Level?
1. Invest in the highest level Ruby you can afford – Often overlooked or you might be on the edge about swapping out your magic find or % life gem. But a passive % bonus to experience is almost necessary in order to make paragon levels so annoying to achieve. Radiant Star Ruby is the best way to go if you can afford to drop 22-26 million gold but get the best you can afford. You’ll get 25% magic find soon enough from the levels you’re earning (by level 10 you’ll have surpassed the 25% magic find bonus from a radiant star topaz).
2. Nephalem Valor Stacks – Each stack of Nephalem Valor now gives you an additional 15% experience bonus. That’s 75% bonus experience at a full five stacks, and adds that to your Ruby experience bonus and you can see why you’ll want to get to five stacks as quickly as possible. This means don’t change your play style from what you were doing before this patch. Go into each game with the intent of building five stacks as quickly as possible.
3. Bonus Experience from Champions and Elites – Just as you are rewarded better drops from champions and elites you also earn a sizable chunk of experience from them. Therefore some of the best places to farm experience will be those acts/areas that have a large number of mobs and a good amount of champions all packed together. Act 3 from the beginning of the act all the way through to Ghom is the very best place to farm experience. The Bridge of Korsik / siegebreaker is the next area to jump to once you’ve cleared those zones.
4. Don’t forget kill bonuses – The more monsters you kill in one hit and in a row the more bonus experience you are rewarded which is another reason why you want zones where the monsters are all bunched together and come in waves. If you can move quickly and kill just as fast then you can bunch together monsters and quickly move and kill the next wave so that you can get very large multi-kills which rewards you a lot of valuable experience
5. Avoid + Exp Gear – You can get + Exp gear to help you level faster but keep in mind that ilvl 61+ gear will not roll + Exp affixes. If you can find ilvl 60 or lower gear with + exp that isn’t a horrible downgrade for you then you can get away with a very small amount of bonus experience. I really would like to dissuade anyone from going this route as you most likely are sacrificing gear that would have you killing things faster or more effectively which lowers the experience/hr your are farming
Hope it is useful to you on the way to Diablo 3 Paragon Level. Just enjoy the farming.
The DiabloHome Team